Sunday, July 25, 2004

Details Found

It turns out that Richard Clarke (Former White House counterterrorism adviser, if you remember he resigned - critical of the Administration) claimed back in May

"I take responsibility for it. I don't think it was a mistake, and I'd do it again."
"It didn't get any higher than me," he said. "On 9-11, 9-12 and 9-13, many things didn't get any higher than me. I decided it in consultation with the FBI."

Now everything is not always what it seems, but this time a Bush critic claims that he was responsible. This I guess adds extra credibility to his story.

Anyway, the point of all of this was to demonstrate the general principle.

Always question what you hear, especially when it agrees with your preconceptions.
 
I've fallen into this trap many times in my life - with appropriate levels of embarrassment. It's now a life long motto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home