Wednesday, August 04, 2004

FTA Arguments

My initial thoughts was that this argument over the FTA regarding the addition of a provision regarding patents could potentially hurt the government. At face value it seemed like the government was refusing to give in to a relatively minor amendment in the scheme of things.

After listening to question time today, I understand the issues slightly better, though not enough to yet comment knowledgeably on it.

What I can say, is that it is beginning to sound like the government is on a winner. Tony Abbott was having great fun at Labor's expense, overcoming Labor's arguments quite easily. Howard seemed less confident, but given time it sounds like this issue might swing in the government's favour.

Now as I said I don't know enough yet to take a position on this, this is just my initial impressions on the strengths of the arguments.

Remember: You are entitled to an informed opinion.
(You are not entitled to an uninformed position, so don't pretend that you are)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home