Thursday, September 16, 2004

Swing to the Incumbents

The latest betting odds:

Howard $1.33
Latham $3.00

Bush $1.40
Kerry $2.70

Kerry's had no momentum at all since we started watching the odds. Latham had a bounce after the debate, but it's now almost back to where it was beforehand.

Since I started tracking these odds a couple of weeks ago, the overall movement has been bad for the challengers.

To repeat myself. I'm calling a certain Bush victory, but I'm yet to call the Australian election. The events this week with Rathergate and the fake memos just keeps hurting Kerry, as it makes people more skeptical about all of the attacks on Bush's record (even if some of them are true).

I heard some interesting theories this week (not that I subscribe to them). One interesting one was that the fake memos were put out by Clinton supporters. The idea being to sabbotage Kerry's campaign which will help get Hillary on the ticket in 2008 (which isn't going to happen if Kerry wins this time). Sounds a bit too far fetched, but I'm pro Hillary 2008 so why not....?

I wonder who actually did supply the memos?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home