Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Budget Recap

Good stuff.

Enough said.

The question everyone is asking is 'What is in it for me?'
I am sick of hearing this question.

How about a different question 'Is it good public policy?'

Let's talk about the winners and the whiners.

Winners : Families are the biggest winners. Good job. Sure I'm jealous that I missed out on 5k for a new baby (I won't be having any more), but it's still good policy.

Whiners : The funny thing is the whiners brought it on their own heads. Last year the government dished out tax cuts for all. The whining class complained because they could only afford a sandwich and a milkshake. So the government isn't going to make that mistake again. This time they give big tax cuts that mean something to a targeted group in society and the whiners get their chance to whine, but they were going to do that anyway, so no great loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home