Friday, May 14, 2004

Budget Reply

I listened to the budget replies of Labor, The Democrats and The Greens last night.

Ok, I admit I tried to listen to Green twaddle, but after 2 minutes I realised I didn't have a handy bucket at the ready and was forced to turn it off. The Greens are the party that used to care about the environment but has now been captured by a bunch of lefty wacko's (Remember last year when Senator Bob Brown proposed to sell Telstra if the proceeds went to the environment. His own party shot their beloved leader down in flames over that one, and we knew their metamorphosis was complete. Stuff the environment, we're now the anti-everything vote).

Latham did adequately, but not inspire me. There was no substance to the alternative proposals, mainly rhetoric, but with an election coming as early as August 7th I'm sure we'll be hearing about it before too long. I look forward to hearing the alternatives. Let the vote bidding war commence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home