Thursday, September 23, 2004

Senate Look

I've been looking at the recent polls and the Senate.

I think the recent warnings from the Greens are a bit over the top. I don't think there is any real chance of the Conservatives gaining control of the upper house. I'm guessing there will be 33-35 Conservative senators after the election. If anything they might even lose ground on where they stand at the moment.

The other thing to consider is that a double dissolution would be a disaster for the Democrats. It's quite possible they will be wiped out if that were to occur. No incentive for this that I can see.

If the Conservatives have 36-38 seats after the election then it's a likelihood (DD). If they have 35 or less I don't see anything in it for Labor. I'm guessing they won't have enough seats.

I know the betting markets still have the Coalition favourites, but I have a funny feeling Labor my get in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home