Monday, October 04, 2004

Coalition bounce

Now the Coalition have increased their odds of winning:

Coalition $1.33
Labor $3.00

I've traditionally not cared too strongly one way or the other. I always liked Bomber Kim, and Keating was a classic (definitely undervalued). Yet the social welfare policies proposed this time by the Labor party (particularly Medicare Old and the University Fee reduction) overwhelm all other considerations (I do like some of their tax proposals though - can't have everything I guess).

They must be defeated at all costs. If Labor win maybe I'll join that guy that tried to row for Indonesia. I might just see him on his way back. Let's hope we can hold back age discrimination for one more period of government.

Don't vote with your heart, vote with your head. Think through the implications of the parties policies (By the way, compulsory voting is pathetic. It gives a voice to the stupid, the ignorant, the lazy and leads to a dumbing down of political debate).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home