Friday, October 01, 2004

Presidential Debate

I listened to the debate with interest this morning.

Kerry was definitely the better speaker, and for the first hour I had him winning by a huge margin. Bush had me cringing at various points.

In the last 30 minutes it turned around completely. There were some huge blunders by Kerry and Bush articulated a clear message.

Better debater: Kerry
Better finish: Bush

Which image sticks in the mind? I'm not sure for the average American voter. I suspect the net impact on voting intentions is minimal.

Overall I'll rate it a draw. I think both sides will think their candidate won, and they both definitely appealed to their base. While Kerry was the better debater, he was also the one who made some very bad blunders which may yet come back to haunt him - stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home