Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Roundup

The Democratic field for the 2008 presidential candidate just narrowed, with my preferred candidate dropping out.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1545871,00.html

Hillary is now trading at 50%. She's looking more and more certain.

The US election season is heating up. The house is favoured to go Democrat, while the Senate is favoured to remain Republican.

I still believe the Senate comes down to 4 races. If the Democrats can pick up 3 of them they can take control.

Missouri: Dead heat
Tennessee: Dead heat
Virginia: Leaning Republican
New Jersey: Leaning Democrat

Of course Dick Cheney is personally hoping that the Republicans can hold 3 of these 4 seats. Otherwise he's going to find himself spending a lot more time in the Senate.

I feel his pain. Nothing worse than spending time in meetings. We didn't have any scheduled for today and boy it was great. I spent the day writing lectures for next week. I enjoy getting a decent chunk of solid time to focus on a topic and research it deeply. Plus I listened to Dvorak (all three CD's) multiple times. My IPod's battery is down to 80%, I can keep writing all night...

1 Comments:

Blogger Domitar said...

I'll Blog about the podcasts sometime from home where I have access to the entire list.

I've got some interesting ones.

11:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home