Monday, December 11, 2006

Looking Back, Looking Forward

Two years ago (Thursday, October 07, 2004) I wrote on this blog:

Been listening to Philip Adams tonight. He's actually conducted a reasonable and relatively unbiased interview. Quite impressive really.

The subject of his questioning is Kevin Rudd, Rudd is someone that I like. Let's hope Latham loses on Saturday and opens an opportunity for Rudd to take over.

Put Rudd in charge and they might even be able to convert me to the darkside. He could make a great Prime-Minister. I respect the way he thinks before he talks.

(Put Julia in as deputy and I'm sold)


How prescient.

While my Dad thinks of Rudd as a smarmy gitt I applaud the ALP on their change of leader. Beazley's capitulation to the anti-war intellectually bankrupt populist crowd meant I could not treat him as a serious alternative prime minister (next election I'm a one issue voter - do they get the war right?).

Rudd (to my knowledge) has not made any foolish proclamations. He has always appeared to me to be a sensible guy and I'm happy to once again be offered a reasonable choice.

The last election was a joke. Latham was not a serious candidate for prime minister and all the lemmings who voted for him simply out of blind hatred for Howard will forever hide their secret shame.

The next election is shaping up as a true contest and I think this can only be good for our democracy. I look forward to hearing their respective platforms. Bring on 2007.

3 Comments:

Blogger Domitar said...

No - that was 2 elections ago Howard v Beazley. That event was fully documented before the time of the last election and even still there was a swing towards the Coalition in 2004.

The last election was Latham v Howard and I still contend only lemmings voted for Latham.

They voted for him because they were either:
1) Die hard Labor supporters. Lemmings that would vote for anything Labor offered them.
2) Howard haters willing to sacrifice anything to get rid of Howard.

I believe if the ALP had of gone with Beazley instead of Latham they would be in power today.

Personally my last vote was simple. I voted against Medicare Gold which was the most insane policy I have ever heard of (you can read about it in my 2004 posts).

Medicare Gold had to be defeated. I'm forever grateful that it was.

If Rudd revives Medicare Gold then I will not support him. Fortunately I don't think he will.

7:08 pm  
Blogger Darth Fatum said...

u know u could make a killing selling these predictions.

when do i win lotto?

Beazley had to go, hopefully Rudd can do some good. I just hate to think of Johnny winning and then Costello getting the job....

7:45 am  
Blogger Darth Fatum said...

you know now that you mention it yup.

not much point in a greens protest vote as its just as usefull as a donkey vote.

2:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home