Tuesday, September 26, 2006

US Elections 2008

Democratic Nominee's

Clinton 41%
Gore 17%
Mark Warner 16%
Edwards 9%
Kerry 4%

Familiar faces to those of us outside the US. The exception is Mark Warner who I think is the only one of those candidates that might actually beat a Republican.

Warner campaigns in second life. Hehe.
http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2006/08/the_second_life.html Sensible guy!

Expected President

McCain(R) 23%
Clinton (D) 19%
Giuliani (R) 15%
Romney (R) 11%
Gore (D) 10%
Warner (D) 9%
Edwards (D) 6%

I know it's very early, and a longshot, but Giuliani is my prediction.

Now if shorting these futures is possible I might be able to design a profitable strategy. Go short the Republican party (currently selling at under 50%) and go long all the Republican candidates which add up to over 50.

Now you got me thinking...

1 Comments:

Blogger Domitar said...

The Democratic nomination is interesting.

I think Hillary could win the nomination, but wouldn't win the election. She would just energise Republicans to turnout on mass.

I think Gore could win the nomination as his moviemaking has brought him back into the public sphere. He could also potentially win the election. He wouldn't mobilise Republicans like Hillary would.

Warner is the Democrats best chance of winning the election as I see it.

I'd be surprised if Edwards won the nomination. I watched his debate with Cheney in 2004 on TV. Cheney slaughtered him. In his favour he has a JFK style about him which might be appealing.

I agree with you on Kerry. He comes with too much liberal baggage to win the election. He never had any chance of beating Bush in 2004. I think Democrats realise this.

As I see it Warner's the Dem's best shot.

10:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home