Friday, December 15, 2006

Lessons learned

Last Friday as I was making the 230KM drive back to Perth I stopped at Bunbury for some lunch and a refill of petrol. The petrol station at the main shopping centre complex was reasonably priced but absolutely chaotic. All the bays were full and I had to wait in one of them but which one?

Option A: Grandpa filling up an old Holden (looked to my untrained eye like a 60's car). Definitely a V8.

Option B: Young guy filling up a tiny Ford Festiva.

No brainer. I pull in behind the young guy.

Sure enough a few minutes later the young guy finishes filling his car and I smugly look over at the person waiting behind the Holden to my left. Yep, pays to have brains around here I thought. It's getting hot waiting out here in the sun and I'm keen to get moving.

Then the unexpected. The Festiva owner proceeds to open the hatchback and pull out 4 giant drums out of his tiny boot. My jaw drops and I scramble to find my keys, turning around in horror to see that I am hemmed in by about 7 cars behind me.

I scream but no-one hears and no-one cares.

15 minutes later when the Festiva drives off I remember that it's dangerous to go with conventional wisdom.

Tzarkoth posted in comments yesterday:
Jonny will win again, hand over to Costello and then they will lose.


This is conventional wisdom - but I'm not conventional anymore and the longer time goes on the more unlikely I think this scenario will be. Don't write off Malcom Turnball just yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darth Fatum said...

Having a strong dollar isn't always the best. Countries that would of previously imported our exports start to rethink that habit when our dollar gets to high.

Interest rates are my main fear if labour win being a new home owner. No idea how people did it under Keating.

And thanks for the tip Dom will make sure I fill up before the trip to Bunbury over Xmas to catch up with the future inlaws.

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home